Monday, June 6, 2011

Finally I can post! Old News

I have been in Argentina for two and a half months, and the time has absolutely flown by. I have fully integrated into the community, and feel like a true Argentinian. As I have become more accustomed to the lifestyle and language, I have been able to participate in more activities. I have begun iron smalting classes, and Latin dance lessons. I have also joined a club that is similar to our Model UN program, although, unfortunately, I will not be here for the competition.
Last week, a boy arrived from Australia, and has stolen the attention of being the “new kid.”  I am certainly happy my era has ended! People no longer practice their English with me, but with him. It is nice to have a fellow English native speaker as a friend. I enjoy helping him in class and filling him in on what the girls whisper as he walks down the hall, because I remember the overwhelming feeling of first arriving.
            Independence Day arrives in a week, and I will be traveling with the program to four states, located in the north.  I will be the only student in my class who has ventured north. I will travel for twelve days with other exchange students, sleeping on buses and in hostels. I am excited because I have never “backpacked” anywhere before! My concern is how to fit twelve days worth of clothing and bedding into my school backpack!

No comments:

Post a Comment