Monday, June 6, 2011

More :)

My blog hasn't been letting me log in, so hopefully this will post!
I made a commitment to myself to do something that makes me nervous every day. It started with raising my hand in class, and has grown to singing Karaoke, climbing a volcano, camping on a glacier, and even something simple like changing the language on my cell phone and computer from English to Spanish. I am so eager to grow and learn from my time here and I want to experience all of what Patagonia has to offer.
Academically, I am enjoying the school here. I have no problem understanding and participating in class. I was thrilled and pleasantly surprised to learn that I earned the second highest grade on my first test. I want to prove to myself that I can maintain my personal academic standards regardless of the language barrier. I recently started attending a French institute after school because I thought it would be fun and challenging to learn French being taught in Spanish. I am also assisting at the English Institute, playing basketball, handball, and am enjoying the “mandatory” siestas.
Sometimes life is boring in this small town, but my friends are great people, and although there is often nothing to do, it is nice that everyone knows me.

No comments:

Post a Comment